This information is provided as a resource and does not constitute an endorsement for any group. It is the responsibility of the reader to decide whether a group is appropriate for his/her needs. For evidence-based information on diseases, conditions, symptoms, treatment and wellness issues, continue searching this site.
Accidents Support Group
Online. Supportive community dedicated to recovering from, and
dealing with, the long-term stress of accidents and unexpected events
(bicycle accidents, car and motorcycle accidents, workplace accidents,
etc.). Deals with both the emotional and physical distress.
Website: http://dailystrength.org/support/traumas_injuries/accidents/ Verified: 10/16/2008
CRASH Foundation (Citizens for Reliable And Safe Highways)
Online. Dedicated to providing immediate compassionate support to truck crash survivors and families of truck crash victims. Referrals to grief counseling, medical services and truck crash experts. Phone support, conferences, advocacy, First Response Program and survivors network.
CRASH is dedicated to reducing the number of fatalities and injuries caused by truck-related crashes by:
- pressing for corporate and government responsibility in transportation;
- raising public awareness of truck-related safety issues;
- reducing truck driver fatigue;
- improving truck maintenance standards;
- enforcing hazardous material regulations;
- assuring clear and consistent truck placarding;
- improving driver training and qualifications;
- maintaining current truck size and weight limitations;
- providing compassionate support to survivors, and to families of truck crash victims.
2020 N. 14th St., Suite 710
Arlington, VA 22201
The National Safety Council
The National Safety Council saves lives by preventing injuries and deaths at work, in homes and communities, and on the roads, through leadership, research, education and advocacy.